The Separate Structural Unit Zaporizhzhia Electrotechnical Professional College of Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University is a licensed, certified and accredited educational institution.
The history of the college dates back to April 1935, when, by order of the Department of Educational Institutions of the People’s Commissariat of Heavy Industry of the USSR, the Chemical and Aluminium College established in 1932 in Kharkiv was transferred to Zaporizhzhia and renamed Zaporizhzhia Chemical and Aluminium College, and later to Dnipro Chemical and Aluminium College.
Years passed, the country changed, and the educational institution changed simultaneously: Zaporizhzhia Aluminium Technical School grew into Zaporizhzhia Industrial Technical School, and in 1990/1991 it became Zaporizhzhia Electrical Technical College.
After Ukraine gained its independence, the course towards European standards in all spheres of life, including education, put on the agenda the creation of educational complexes that would ensure gradual and continuous training of specialists of different qualification levels. Therefore, in 2004, Zaporizhzhia Electrical Technical College was reorganised into Zaporizhzhia Electrical College of Zaporizhzhia National Technical University. Today, it is the Separate Structural Unit Zaporizhzhia Electrotechnical Professional College of Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University.
The college trains specialists in the following areas:
- Graphic Design
- Enterprise Economics
- Software Development
- Computer Technologies in Mechanical Engineering
- Technology of Material Processing on Machine Tools and Automatic Lines
- Electrical Equipment of Enterprises and Civil Structures
- Installation and Operation of Aircraft Electrical Equipment and Power Supply to Airports
- Electrical Machinery, Electrical and Electronic Devices.
The college has two academic buildings with 78 specialised classrooms and laboratories, training and production workshops, 6 computer labs, a library with a reading room, 2 gyms, a workout facility, the museum of the college history and a dormitory.
Today, the college has more than 1,000 full-time students and almost 300 part-time students.
For almost 90 years, thousands of specialists, who have received sufficient training in their speciality, have graduated our college and it allowed them to easily start their careers and continue their studies at higher education institutions in Ukraine.
The educational process is provided by more than 90 highly qualified college teachers who have academic degrees and academic titles, namely:
- 53 teachers of high category, of whom 27 have the pedagogical title “teacher-methodologist”;
- 4 PhDs.
The College is constantly developing and searching for ways to make the most efficient use of its human, material and technical, educational and methodological potential and performs the following functions:
- opens new specialities at the request of the region;
- introduces modern specialisations;
- optimises the process of learning foreign languages (some experience in additional training of college students in foreign languages enables students to defend their course and diploma projects in a foreign language);
- cooperates with various educational institutions on career guidance, admission to college and continuation of graduates’ studies in a shortened period of time in higher education institutions;
- updates approaches to create a safe educational environment;
- selects the most gifted and capable students for scientific activities and provides their training together with related departments of higher education institutions;
- creates conditions for meeting the educational and professional needs of Ukrainian citizens.
1935 – Zaporizhzhya Chemical and Aluminium College was founded.
1949 – Zaporizhzhya aluminium and metallurgical colleges were merged into one Zaporizhzhya Metallurgical College.
1954 – Zaporizhzhia Aluminium College was spun off from Zaporizhzhia Metallurgical College, which consisted of one educational building, a dormitory and a teaching staff house.
1962 – Zaporizhzhya Aluminium College was reorganised into Zaporizhzhya Industrial College.
1972 – a laboratory building was built, which, in addition to special laboratories, also included a modern sports complex. At the same time, the laboratories and classrooms in the main academic building were reconstructed. The college became the base for the Ministry of Electrical Industry of the country.
1990 – Zaporizhzhia Industrial College was reorganised into Zaporizhzhia Electrical Technical College.
2004 – the educational institution was reorganised into the Zaporizhzhya Electrotechnical College of Zaporizhzhya National Technical University.
In the summer of 2019, it became the Zaporizhzhia College of Electrical Engineering of the National University “Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic”.
2021 – together with other colleges that are part of the National University “Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic”, it was renamed the Separate Structural Unit Zaporizhzhia Electrotechnical Professional College of Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University.